Introduction 3

[16:35] Zero|DM> Time rolls on, even in the early fall days of Northren California. IT is the third day at the school for the first to arrive of Seelie’s class of 2013.
[16:37] Zero|DM> The last Friday before classes are to start.
[16:38] Zero|DM> The sun has been up for a few hours, before an absolutely rediclously loud sound comes from the plaza outside. Those with north-facing windows can look out to see… what appears to be mini-mecha on a big hexagonal grid, blasting at eachother. Apparently the Warhammer 40k group takes their work seriously here.
[16:41] Zero|DM> from the kitchen area is the smell of something cooking drifts through the air.
[16:41] Zero|DM> [Free to act: all]
[16:42] Zero|DM> [Time: Approximately 9:30 am. Weather: Partly Cloudy, light wind.
[16:44] * Nichole is up and dressed, wearing a set of black pants and a buttoned v-neck top. She sits near a window outside her room and within the common room, watching the mecha from a chair.
[16:45] * Amanda would come jogging out of her room with a hardcover book under one arm, wearing a pair of loose jeans, gray kitty slippers, and a light gray hoodie over a t-shirt. Her long, dirty blonde hair would be pulled back in a ponytail and after she found a window to point out of, arm waving excitedly, she’d blurt with a strong British accent, “Whoa, is that really safe down there?!”
[16:45] * Miyako opens her door to walk into the common room. The moment she does, everyone can hear an intesne blast of heavy guitar and vocals from her ultra-sized sound system ‘Show me how to lie, you’re getting better all the time…’ when she closes the door, all sound ceases. She must have warded the walls. “Uh, are they doing the warhammer thing? Probably not.”
[16:46] Iris> Iris seems somewhat more composed this morning; she’s already up, her hair is styled, and she’s wearing another of her elaborate dresses. She paid a cursory glance to the mecha earlier, but seems more interested in what’s going on in the kitchen.
[16:47] Zero|DM> Marisa is in the kitchen, wearing an apron that reads “Beware the Dark” over one of her somewhat frilly dresses. Eggs, bacon, toast, a pile of pancakes.
[16:50] Fiora> Fiora strolls into the room, eyes down as she watches something on her phone. Today, her shirt bears the logo for The Admiral’s Great Tactics III. Seeing the television turned off for the moment, she switches it on with the remote and after a few seconds changes the channel to the live feed of the game in progress. After a quick detour to the coffeepot, she sits down in an armchair.
[16:51] Fiora> “I don’t know if it’s safe, technically, but I’m all for anything that makes more work for Terumi,” Fiora says with a shrug.
[16:51] Zero|DM> What should worry anyone paying attention to the game below is that apparently Dr. Plott is either one of the participants… or is the judge of the event. ANd given the fact that there are actual projectiles flying about, that’s saying something.
[16:51] Iris> Iris drifts back out of the kitchen, observing the new arrivals. “Good morning,” she says, glancing back out the window for a moment at the ongoing mecha war.
[16:52] Iris> She looks to the TV with interest, observing the show, then frowns and looks back out the window. “Is… is that our RA?”
[16:53] Amanda> Amanda would point again, “You mean the lad who’s directing half of that artillery? Think so.”
[16:54] Nichole> “Well, makes sense for a hobby for him.”
[16:54] * Miyako retrieves a huge jug of tea from the fridge and flops onto the couch. “Morning, by the way. The hell is this, anyway?” she’s probably talking about what’s on the television. “I tried to ask one of them down there on my way back this morning and they just looked at me funny.”
[16:56] Zero|DM> Marisa brings in the piles of food on plates. “Help yourselves.” She pauses upon seeing Amanda. "Huh. The bookworm emerges from her coocoon?
[16:57] Amanda> She’d duck her head and bring her book up in front of her chest like it was a shield now that someone addressed her directly, “Uh. Well I mean… I thought I was gettin’ dynamited out…”
[16:59] Fiora> “Think chess with chainguns,” Fiora responds to Miyako. “I don’t play much myself, but K fields a mean 1600 Tau.”
[16:59] * Nichole turns her head back to look to the food, half smiling. “Great.”
[16:59] * Miyako nods to Fiora. She certainly understood SOME of that. “Don’t mind her, Amanda. She knows things about people and tends to just announce them randomly.”
[16:59] Zero|DM> Marisa seems much more at ease today. Or at the very least, not looking like she’s going to go running away at a moment’s notice.
[17:00] Fiora> “…although the chainguns are usually a little more metaphorical,” she adds after glancing at the feed.
[17:00] Iris> Iris shakes her head, looking away from the spectacle. “At home we favored a more conservative doctrine regarding display of force, but I suppose there is something to be said for spectacle…” She still seems more interested in the food, though, studying it carefully before grabbing a piece of toast.
[17:01] Zero|DM> the ‘guns’ in questino seem to be firing round sticky balls of something, that are colored for each team.
[17:01] Iris> She nods and offers Marisa a smile, but doesn’t offer any comment as she nibbles on her toast.
[17:02] Zero|DM> and without a doubt, Dr. Plott is actually doing quite well, since he seemingly has three different armies arrayed against him. ANd he’s holding his own.
[17:02] Nichole> “Yeah. Earplugs are the best for things like this. And nets for deadeyes.”
[17:03] Iris> Iris glances to Nichole. “‘Deadeyes’? I haven’t heard that term…”
[17:03] Zero|DM> The food is not great, but it’s acceptable.
[17:04] Nichole> “It’s supposed to mean a good aim, but I’m being sarcastic.”
[17:05] Iris> Iris tilts her head for a moment. “Ah, I see,” she replies, smiling a bit before resuming her nibbling.
[17:05] Nichole> “What kinda stuff did your family do that was like this, Miss Iris? Fireworks?”
[17:05] * Amanda would retreat to a chair in the corner, and sit with her book covering her lap now, hoping to drop out of sight.
[17:06] * Miyako “So, Amanda? Heredetary or self taught? Actually, I don’t think I asked Marisa either.”
[17:07] * Miyako will obviously eat anything she’s given. Probably the plate too, at the rate she’s going.
[17:07] Zero|DM> Marisa looks up at the question. “Family taught, mostly. One gift that comes and goes as it wills. Didn’t come first.”
[17:08] Zero|DM> Marisa then retreats to the kitchen and returns with two more platters, which she sets down infront of Miyako.
[17:08] Iris> Iris hesitates for a moment, then smiles. “Nothing so conspicuous, but… one has uninvited guests, from time to time.” She shrugs.
[17:09] Iris> “Father’s magic ran to shadows, in any case.” An almost morose look crosses her face with that, but she swiftly brightens again.
[17:10] Nichole> Nodding to Iris, she’d then look back to her window view. “Ah. Figured you meant you had some kind of games like this…without the machines.”
[17:11] Amanda> “Ah, er, well self-taught, I suppose,” she’d say to Miyako, shaking her head once.
[17:12] Iris> She nibbles on her toast, glancing between the eggs and the pancakes as if debating which one to try next. “Mm. No, nothing like this as such—not most of the time, anyway. On occasion things could be… a bit hectic.”
[17:12] * Miyako smiles to Amanda. “I’m asking everyone. So far I think I’m the only one who didn’t know about this stuff until an abrupt change. I think.”
[17:13] Fiora> Fiora takes one look at the food then makes a sandwich out of two pieces of toast, eggs and bacon. As she’s about to take her first bite, Kosciej makes his first appearance, standing half on the armchair and half on Fiora’s shoulder. She stares the cat down for a few seconds, then crumbles one of the more burnt pieces of bacon on a plate and sets it out for him with a long-suffering sigh.
[17:13] Zero|DM> “The perils of a feline familiar.”
[17:13] Zero|DM> Marisa pronounces this with a gleam of good humor in her eyes.
[17:14] Amanda> “Oh, um, I dunno, I mean… it’s not like I just grew up with it or anything. Nope just one day mum tells me about the birds and the bees… and the faeries and unicorns.”
[17:14] Fiora> “I didn’t know about the freak-stuff either, until Groundhog Day a few years ago,” Firoa remarks. “Not really abrupt, but it was a surprise.”
[17:15] * Miyako peers at Fiora. “You mean the movie?”
[17:15] Iris> Iris at length decides on both; she reaches to the top of the stack and pulls a plate off of the top that didn’t exist five seconds ago—it bears the same distinctive flower motif as the cup she had the other day—and then swipes some egg and bacon onto it.
[17:16] Fiora> “I mean the time magic came with a sense of humor,” Fiora says dryly between bites of her food.
[17:16] * Nichole looks back to Fiora, “You got stuck in a loop?”
[17:16] Iris> She nibbles on the bacon with a carefully neutral expression; she tilts her head at this conversation, listening intently.
[17:18] Fiora> “Yeah. On Groundhog Day.” Fiora doesn’t exactly sound all that amused as she says, “I never said it was a great sense of humor.”
[17:18] * Miyako shrugs. “Kinda sucks, actually. Bill Murray tries to kill himself in that movie.”
[17:19] Iris> Iris grabs a fork and moves to the window, briefly looking out at the spectacle below again.
[17:21] Zero|DM> the Spectacle is surprisingly short lived as while Plot makes a valiant effort to hold off the overwhelming force of three to one odds, it finally comes down to just two last figures, one of his artiliery, and… a bunch of Orks in a jeep.
[17:22] Zero|DM> The artillery peice is already battered, and pretty sticky. IT doesn’t tka emuch more to jam up its guns completely, leaving the player fielding the Orks to the field.
[17:22] * Miyako “The guy with the green dudes keeps charging. Is that normal?”
[17:23] Nichole> “I’m guessing they’re supposed to be barbaric, bloodthirsty things. Most monsters get shown that way.”
[17:24] Fiora> “I only watched the movie after the whole thing ended, when I was trying to figure out what had been going on,” Fiora speaks as she spoons a bit of egg for K too, as the cat has taken two bites of bacon before deciding it was beneath him. “I did get off easier than the guy did in the movie; just a few loops instead of five or ten years’ worth.”
[17:25] Iris> “Mm. Doctor Plott lost. Pity. Still, an impressive showing given three to one odds; it seems our advisor is quite skilled with artillery emplacements.” Iris turns away from the window, looking to Fiora. “So… you repeated the same day over and over again?” she asks.
[17:28] * Miyako "Or he deliberately chose unskilled players to fight so he could show off. " Miyako gets up to dump her several plates in the sink.
[17:29] Amanda> The blonde would hug her book to her knees, “That’s a cheerful outlook.”
[17:30] Iris> Iris shrugs one shoulder. “It is not beyond the realm of possibility.”
[17:30] * Miyako shrugs. “Most of you seem to be thinking optimistically about the teachers and staff here, I’m only pointing it out.”
[17:30] Fiora> “Yeah. I wrote down most of what happened – recording it while it was going on didn’t pan out as you could guess.” She shrugs, ruffling K’s fur. “More disorienting than anything, really. But anyway, that was my freakout; could have been a lot worse, all things considered.”
[17:34] Iris> Iris nods; she finishes her egg, then works on the bacon with a carefully neutral expression.
[17:40] * Miyako “Uh. Iris, I can’t help but notice you’re summoning your own plates.”
[17:41] Iris> Iris finishes the bacon and is about to start for the kitchen when Miyako speaks. She blinks, then nods as she chews.
[17:42] Nichole> “Saves on cleaning dishes, I guess.” She turns around in her seat to face the others now.
[17:42] * Miyako stares for a moment as though Iris was supposed to take that as a question. “I was sorta wondering why.”
[17:42] Zero|DM> Marisa has no comments.
[17:44] Iris> Iris hesitates for a moment. “Practice, for one thing. For another… I didn’t particularly want to add to the load of dishes.”
[17:45] * Miyako “So it’s not because you’re thinking one of us is going to poison you or something? Good. Paranoia is the last thing we need.” she flops back onto the couch. "So who else has an unexpected class loadout? "
[17:46] Amanda> Double-blinking at Miyako wondering about someone else being paranoid, Amanda would nonetheless keep her peace.
[17:47] Nichole> "What do you mean by “unexpected?”
[17:48] * Miyako “I have a japanese history class, an art class, and like most of the rest are gym classes. My list was chosen by a drunk monkey with a darboard, that’s what I mean by unexpected.”
[17:49] Zero|DM> “they seem to be set to both play to our strengths… and push them.” Marisa admits.
[17:51] Iris> Iris arches an eyebrow at Miyako, then goes into a full on glower. “If I were worried about poison I wouldn’t be eating or drinking, would I? It’s far easier to poison food than it is plates.”
[17:52] Fiora> Fiora raises har half-finished sandwich, having gone downstairs to check her mail earlier. “Computer programming I could call, but journalism and creative writing were a bit out of left field.” She pauses, frowning. “Horse riding was really unexpected.”
[17:54] Zero|DM> Marisa shrugs. “Gymnastics I wasn’t expecting. I just hope the ethics debates are a little less dry here. a study on theatre makes sense…”
[17:54] * Miyako shoots Iris an apologetic look. "Relax, I didn’t mean anything by it. " she moves on, distracted by talk of classes. “Oh, I took horse riding. It’s easier than you’d think.”
[17:56] * Nichole purses her lips together faintly. “Well, I guess it’s safe to assume that they’ve got their own way of teaching.”
[17:56] Iris> “Mmph.” Iris takes a breath, heads for the kitchen, and returns with a manifested mug full of coffee. “Physics, art, a gym class, and… ‘history and development of ethical systems’.”
[18:00] * Miyako blinks slowly. “History and development of ethical systems?”
[18:01] Zero|DM> Marisa looks at Iris. “… Well, great, we share at least one class.” She manages to make it sound somewhat cheerful.
[18:02] Nichole> “Sounds like a lot of that class will be backended on modern times. That’s good news.”
[18:03] Iris> “I haven’t a clue,” Iris says simply, shaking her head at Miyako’s expression. “I suppose I will find out. I suppose we both will, actually,” she says, smiling somewhat ruefully at Marisa’s comment.
[18:04] Iris> “Mm. It does sound like that, yes,” she says, agreeing with Nichole’s assessment.
[18:07] Zero|DM> Marisa looks over to Amanada, and frowns a little, thoughtfully. “I suppose we should introduce ourselves, since you missed out on that yesterday it seems. I’m Marisa. Nice to meet you.”
[18:09] Amanda> Weakly raising a hand, “Erm. Amanda.”
[18:10] Iris> “Iris.” She inclines her head.
[18:10] Fiora> “Fiora, Kosciej, likewise.”
[18:12] Zero|DM> As time passes, the sky outside clouds over, and by about noon it is unseasonably cold for Northren California… There’s actually flakes of snow swirling in the air.
[18:13] * Miyako “Miyako. That’s obvious, though.”
[18:14] Nichole> “We met on the lift. And the ride in.” Looking around them again, she’d eventually glance toward a window and have to pause at the sight of snow.
[18:15] Iris> Iris tilts her head, watching the snow fall. “Finally. Decent weather.”
[18:19] Nichole> “Certainly not questionable at all.”
[18:19] * Miyako “No, totally normal to snow in california.”
[18:21] Amanda> “… it is? I thought it was all sunshine and surfboards…”
[18:21] Iris> Iris sighs, not so much at the comments as at the truth behind them; she looks wistfully at the snow. “I never said it was normal, only that it was decent. Winter is supposed to be cold.”
[18:22] Nichole> “Should we make bets on who is using weather magic or machines? Or was this actually forecasted?”
[18:23] Zero|DM> Marisa stares out the window for an indeteriminently long time.
[18:26] Fiora> “I’ll take the long odds. Someone using weather magic and someone else using a weather machine, ending up canceling each other out and giving weather as forcasted.” Fiora pauses for a second. “Extra points if one was Plott.”
[18:27] Iris> “I would say magic… but then, many things I supposed to be the realm of magic alone are also the domain of technology here,” she says, shaking her head. At Fiora’s comment, she stares for a moment… then laughs.
[18:27] Zero|DM> “Wasn’t forcasted. I suggest we have Pizza tonight. Downstairs.” Marisa finally says.
[18:28] * Miyako “I was being sarcastic. I’ve only ever seen snow in pictures.” she shrugs. “I just ate. Pizza’s fine for dinner, I wanted to check out that place later anyway.”
[18:29] Iris> Iris blinks, her expression shifting to a mildly disappointed one. “Oh… I was looking forward to attempting to cook, though. To return the favor for breakfast…”
[18:29] Zero|DM> “… We don’t want to be up here tonight.” Marisa finally concludes. It’s up to questino if her foresight involves Iris’s cooking or something more sinister.
[18:29] Nichole> “We’ll have another day. I think if she’s saying that, it’s probably a good suggestion.”
[18:30] Iris> Iris nods. “Indeed… another day.”
[18:31] Amanda> “Oh. Um. Pizza… I guess…” she’d mumble, mostly to herself.
[18:36] * Zero|DM has quit IRC (Connection reset by peer)
[18:36] * Zero has joined #ManaofMayhem
[18:36] * ChanServ sets mode: +oa Zero Zero
[18:37] * Miyako “…Not used to new people, Amanda? Where are you from?”
[18:38] * Zero is now known as Zero|DM
[18:41] Amanda> Fidgeting in her seat, “Southampton. Uh. On the English Channel.”
[18:51] Zero|DM> Time passes… it is towards six PMish when Marisa starts getting very fidgety and moving towards the elevator.
[18:52] * Nichole follows Marisa, not having been in a hurry before then to go. She’s taken a backpack along, too.
[18:53] Zero|DM> The snow now is falling fairly heavily outside, and within the last hour is actually enough to not melt instantly upon hitting the ground. Marisa has a heavy cloak on in addition to a winter dress.
[18:55] Zero|DM> This is odd since there is no reason to actually go outside
[18:57] * Fiora glances between the view out the window and Marisa, then shrugs. She grabs her coat and hat, throwing a scarf in one pocket.
[18:58] * Miyako follows out of curiousity. She’s wearing a black tank top and khaki shorts and has no intention of changing.
[18:59] Iris> Iris follows, bringing along a cloak of her own to wear over her dress—a light violet, trimmed with pale fur. Preparation never hurt anyone, after all…
[18:59] Zero|DM> [Time of day 8pm. Weather outside: Frightful. Location: C.C.‘s Pizza Free to act: All]
[18:59] Amanda> Amanda’s still wearing her relatively light hoodie and jeans, though she switched her kitty slippers out for a pair of green canvas sneakers. Her book seems to have vanished at some point.
[18:59] Zero|DM> The pizza place is actually mostly deserted tonight.
[19:04] Nichole> “Since we’re all buddies, I’ll use my complimentary thing. I guess I should’ve seen what size that was.”
[19:04] Zero|DM> “large. They are large.”
[19:05] * Miyako “I’ll try to keep from devouring the table.”
[19:05] Nichole> “Good. Half a pizza for the rest of you.”
[19:11] Zero|DM> Marisa chuckles. “Two larges should be enough for all of us to have enough in us to be comfterable. I would s uggest not over-eating too much though.”
[19:11] * Miyako “And why’s that? Since someone has to ask.”
[19:12] Zero|DM> “Because in about an hour we’re all going to be getting plenty of exersize, and the power is going to go out.” Marisa states matter of factly.
[19:12] Iris> “Hmph. I try not to overeat, anyway. Although—yes, that,” Iris says; her expression is faintly apologetic as she looks to Marisa, though.
[19:13] * Miyako “Oh, for…whatever.” she glances to Iris. “You too, now?”
[19:14] Iris> Iris shrugs. “I’m as curious as to why we’re down here as you are; forewarned is forearmed, after all.”
[19:15] Zero|DM> “Because people are going to be falling down the fire escapes and I’d rather we weren’t among them. I don’t know the why of all this, I just know that much. Though, that much fore warning has me wanting to sit near the back, how about you?”
[19:16] Amanda> Fidgeting her hands together, “Uh… if you know something’s gonna happen why um… aren’t you telling anyone… else?”
[19:17] Zero|DM> “The same reason, wallflower, that you have trouble talking to us. Habit. And partially because I don’t know exactly what’s going to happen, and then people ask awkward questions and I get fustrated and then things go very wrong.”
[19:18] * Miyako “My theory is that the gift of prophecy destroys your ability to be helpful.” By her tone, she’s probably just joking. “Anyway, if we’re going to be attacked, the school will be fine.”
[19:18] Nichole> “And without more answers than we’ve got, she’d probably just start a panic for anyone who /did/ believe. I’m at least thinking this is a new way of trying to figure out things. Kind of like taking a quick peek ahead in a game.”
[19:19] Iris> “Hm,” Iris muses. “A corner table might be the best, then, I think?” Iris asks, starting to drift that direction.
[19:23] Fiora> “Honestly, who cares?” Fiora interrupts. “Something may or may not happen, and we’re prepared for it, or not. Seeing the future can be silly. More importantly to me, I haven’t had anything to eat since breakfast.” Seeing Iris begin to drift toward a table, she immediately walks over to it and sits down.
[19:24] Iris> Iris picks a chair and likewise settles in.
[19:24] Amanda> The briton would just tag along, quietly following the group.
[19:24] Zero|DM> One of the waitstaff walks over. “Welcome to C.C.‘s. I’m Tim. What can I get you all to drink tonight?”
[19:26] * Miyako “Tea, bring a pitcher.” she tests the chair before leaning back in it. “So people can see the future, but it’s not nearly as helpful as I thought it would be?”
[19:26] Iris> “Hot tea, if you have it,” Iris says politely.
[19:26] * Nichole takes a look around at the walls and any other furniture in the room, but as they all take a seat she finds her own and looks to the server. “Root beer.”
[19:27] Zero|DM> Marisa smiles. “Just water for me.”
[19:28] Zero|DM> The walls seemingly made of slate. The furniture is mostly tables, but there’s a jukebox on one wall, and a few arcade machines across on the far wall, including a pinball machine. There’s also an actual bar with barstools. Currently there’s no tender behind it.
[19:28] Amanda> “Iced tea, please.”
[19:29] Fiora> “Diet Ripple Cola, thanks.”
[19:30] Zero|DM> “Will Diet Pepsi do?” he asks Fiora politely. “We also have Diet Bingo if you’d prefer that.”
[19:31] Fiora> “Diet Pepsi’s fine.”
[19:33] * Miyako “Doctor Pepper’s first name is Pibb. Mister Pibb when he was in college before he got his degree.”
[19:33] Zero|DM> The server nods, and takes the list of orders back with him. It’s maybe all of 5 to 10 minutes before he returns with a tray. Notably, the ‘glass’ for Miyako’s order is a 1-liter mug.
[19:34] Zero|DM> He also has menus. “Do you already know what your ordering or do you need some time to look over the menu?”
[19:34] * Miyako “Hah. Thanks. That’s why Mister Pibb isn’t as good, by the way. True story, look it up on wikipedia.” she looks up. “Oh uh, large order of mild wings, thanks.”
[19:37] Nichole> “Large pizza. Ninja star.” She nods.
[19:38] Zero|DM> The order gets jotted down onto a pad. Marisa adds “A large Butterfly Effect as well” The man nods. “Anything else?”
[19:38] * Miyako mutters mostly to herself while she grabs the menu for the first time, to read it. “Ninja star? the fuck is with this place…”
[19:39] Iris> Iris considers. “Breadsticks.”
[19:39] Fiora> Fiora nods to Iris. “Large order of breadsticks, and a large Ultimate Carnivore.”
[19:40] Zero|DM> The man keeps up with the writing of the order.
[19:42] Zero|DM> “Anything else?”
[19:43] * Miyako “Nup. Thanks. You sure it’s Tim, and not like, some kind of weird satyr thing? No offense.”
[19:44] Iris> Iris just looks at Miyako.
[19:44] Zero|DM> “Timothy Ivanovetch.” He taps the side of Miyako’s glass, which ices over almost on the spot. “No, not Satyr, at all. None taken.” He walks to the back to get the order started.
[19:44] * Miyako “What. A nymph delivered my pizza.”
[19:46] Iris> Iris seems to be considering saying something, but shakes her head; she notes the glass icing over, though, with mild interest.
[19:48] Zero|DM> “I’d say it’s safe to say it’s not a family run business then.” Marisa quips as she sips at her glass of water.
[19:52] * Miyako “This is just a lot to take in. I can’t even remember my old major. I think it was business.”
[19:52] Amanda> Amanda scoots into the corner, just hanging back as usual.
[19:52] Zero|DM> about 15 minutes later, the pizzas and wings arrive at the table.
[19:53] Zero|DM> The wind is swirling the quickly depneing snow against the windows. The outside doors rattle just a little bit when the wind gusts hard
[19:53] * Nichole goes for a slice of her pizza right away. “Oh, can I get a box to go? Just in case.”
[19:54] * Miyako sighs, pointing while she talks with the bone of her first wing. It should be noted she doesn’t eat like a pig, just quickly. "Is it me, Amanda? I hope it’s not me. "
[19:54] Zero|DM> Tim nods, and returns with not one but three to go boxes, each sized for a medium pizza.
[19:55] Amanda> “What? No, I… just don’t like… crowds.”
[19:55] Nichole> Smiling to Tim, she says, “Thanks.” And gets her drink ready for her first few bites.
[19:55] * Nichole also is looking at the impressive buildup of snow.
[19:57] * Miyako nods slowly, a little relieved. “You’ll get used to it. This campus has a lot of people on it.”
[19:57] Iris> Iris sips at her tea and has a breadstick.
[19:58] Zero|DM> time passes. The clock chimes 9 o’clock.
[20:00] * Miyako is trying hard to eat slowly but mostly fails. She seems to enjoy hanging out and small talk, though.
[20:03] Zero|DM> Marisa looks up at the clock, then closes her eyes as she puts a slice of pizza into one of the togo boxes.
[20:03] Iris> Iris sips her tea, still smiling; at the chiming of the clock, she shifts her gaze to look at it, her expression peculiar.
[20:06] Amanda> Amanda would nibble on some pizza, but didn’t seem like a very big eater.
[20:09] Zero|DM> [Time 9:02 pm, Weather: Frightful, Location: C.C.‘s, Free to Act: None]
[20:10] Zero|DM> The wind outside howls against the doors again… there is a sudden series of loud explosions outside as the lights cut out. Moments later, emergency lighting kicks in near the door. THe main administrative building across the plaza to the east can be made out, barely, through the snow. It’s still lit up.
[20:10] Zero|DM> All of a count to three after that, the front windows of the building are blown in as one solid chunk. It doesn’t break the windows: the brickwork holding the windows in place gives way as cold snow and wind whips through the building.
[20:11] Zero|DM> Something outside in the snow howls
[20:11] Zero|DM> like a hungry wolf in the night.
[20:12] Zero|DM> Yellow eyes glare in from outside. Something, it seems, has found you.
[20:12] Zero|DM> {End Session}

Introduction 3

Mana of Mayhem Helmar