Introduction 4

[17:43] Zero|GM> Sets of yellow glowing eyes glare in from the unnatrual snow swirlling outside of the window that has been knocked out of its opening. Notibly, said window didn’t shatter or break. The emergency lights have kicked in. Somewhere in the chaos of the shadows, Marisa has armed herself with of all things, a broom.
[18:23] Zero|GM> The wolves howl in a disconcerting concert… the noise is unnatrual, and Marisa’s eyes narrow, weither in fear or in recongizion or remeberance is up to anyone’s guess.
[18:32] Fiora> As the wall explodes and the wolves roar, Fiora takes one glance at the wreckage and leaps to her feet.“Somehow I’m pinned…” In the same movement she topples the table, pizza and soda falling to the floor as she takes cover behind the makeshift barrier. “…by the hounds of winter…”
[18:32] * Miyako stalks forward, eyes flaring. She intones in latin and four imps crafted from fire and brimstone flare into existance, scorching the carpet and tables they land on.
[18:32] Fiora> As everything comes to a rest, the motion seems to flow, shifting along images of Fiora that scatter throughout the room. “Howling in the wind…” One takes cover beside her, another leaps beneath another table, and yet another makes a break for the door. “Great, now the song’s going to be stuck in my head all night.”
[18:40] Iris> Iris stares for a moment… then, abruptly, she smiles. Of all the possible reactions to have to howling terrorwolves, the one Iris chooses is… delight. “Just like home,” she says softly, smiling beatifically. She starts to hurry towards the end of the table, seeming to take a leap forward on her first step before resuming her usual ladylike gait. “Someone brought pinatas… Marisa, was it you? Oh, how wonderful.”
[18:41] Iris> She composes herself a bit. “These are just pawns, though—I do not think they have any intelligence of their own. Something else is moving them across the board; let us roast these snow devils quickly… I wonder if I could keep one? Hm.” That last is more of a mutter to herself than anything.
[18:46] * Nichole pouts a bit at the loss of her pizza, but she steps forward and draws out her wand. “Well, I’m sure their controller isn’t far. I’m sure they want to see what we do.”
[18:48] Zero|GM> Marisa looks at Iris a few moments. “… the snow is like home… the … snow golems… If this is like home, I am glad my family is a little more sane.” she sighs, and digs into her skirts pocket and digs out a small hexagonal shaped stone, wispy bits of smoke leaking out of the middle, before cursing.
[18:48] Fiora> “You’ll have to ask K if he’s willing to share space with the wolf,” Fiora says, amused. Disconcertingly, her words are echoed thrice-over; rather than in harmony, each echo comes from her, but is half a second ahead or behind her words. “My guess is no.”
[18:48] Zero|GM> “I’ll tear up the whole place if I use this here.” She grabs hold of the broom that she had somehow got ahold of during the flash of darkness when the lights went out, and suddenly the broom rockets forward
[18:57] Amanda> Amanda fidgets for a while before nervously scurrying out past the table, grabbing a menu from another table, and rushing back behind the cover before anything can attack her.
[19:03] Zero|GM> Two wolves jump at Marisa, who is out of sight above the window… two yelps and one of the wolves skidding into the wall say she’s likely quite alright. The other wolves advance into the building warily, sniffing the air.
[19:11] Fiora> The images of Fiora fade as a wave of distortion rips toward a wolf, static filling the air for a moment before fading away. The wolf seems little worse for wear, slightly diminished by the lack of a layer of snow that no one can quite recall it having and still doesn’t have.
[19:11] * Miyako is chuckling, her eyes and fists glowing. She leaps over a table, slamming into one of the wolves with both feet and splattering snow everywhere.
[19:19] Iris> “Very well… let’s see about this,” Iris says softly, raising a hand and gesturing as if flinging something forward. At her feet, an arcane circle etched in golden light appears and flies forward, erupting into golden chains as it nears her target… but the wolf is able to get clear. Iris hisses under her breath.
[19:23] * Nichole holds up her wand, giving a gesture as magic leaps out in a spark of light before one of the wolf’s eyes. However, after it’s done nothing, her next move is to send a projectile of energy toward another wolf, the same who was able to evade Iris’s attack just ducks away again.
[19:29] Zero|GM> Marisa apparently sees something out of the line of sight, or at least out of the light. She takes aim… there’s a loud shout of “Master SPARK!”… then a beam of raw elemental fury lances out… missing a figure riding on the back of a giant snow wolf.
[19:30] Zero|GM> THe figure hisses something, tendrils waving where the humanoid should have had hair.
[19:30] Zero|GM> And lifts it’s hand as a giant hammer of darkness tries to slam down into Marisa, only to run soundly into a shield made out of the shadows itself. “You will have to do better then that.”
[19:36] Zero|GM> … That’s about when Marisa notices that she’s set the grass under the snow on fire
[19:41] Amanda> Running her finger down the menu until she sees something she likes, Amanda would seem to pull the words right off the page, letters from the menu floating around her and turning into a magic circle that brands itself into the floor, glowing brightly until a giant Tyrannosaurus forms in the room, bellowing aggressively towards the wolves.
[19:47] Zero|GM> The wolves advance. One of them springs up on a table to take some swings at one of Miyako’s imps. Another trio tries to snap into Miyako herself… Two don’t manage to inflict any harm, while the third manages to open a light gash along her cheek with a lunging strike.
[19:54] * Miyako swings a wild backhand at one of the wolves, knocking a layer of snow from it as she pushes it out of her way. She’s dashing for the door, and presumably the shrouded figure.
[20:04] * Nichole makes another missile of magic buzz toward the wolf. After another miss, she frowns. “Definitely need to practice.”
[20:05] Iris> Iris spies the backlit figure and hisses softly; she shakes her head, but she’s still smiling tightly. “Don’t tell me you’ve never had any assassination attempts made against you, Marisa…” she says lightly, then darts out to stand beside the monstrous carnivore. She takes a moment to eye the arcane beast with interest, then again makes a brief motion. “Don’t stand in front of me!” she warns.
[20:12] Zero|GM> Marisa floats her broom across, as a row of sparks appear below her… but they fizzle in place then disappear instead of launching forward. “Damn.” She says softly, even as she remains hovering up above
[20:21] Amanda> “Get ’em!” Amanda would point from behind the flipped table as the T-Rex charged one of the wolves, grabbing it up in its jaws and smashing it with a bite. It would lunge at the creature behind that, but miss, teeth snapping loudly through a chair and part of a table as the creature had to keep ducking to avoid bouncing its head off the ceiling.
[20:23] Zero|GM> The wolves lunge themselves. Three each going after imps… the one lone wolf, unable to retreat, raises it’s ‘fur’, and in a fury charges at the T-rex, manging to score a bite into its leg!
[20:30] * Miyako is rushing straight toward the wolf-rider, fire along her footsteps. “You picked the wrong fucking day, pal. You’re not leaving here in one piece!” Huge, loud, intimidating…and demanding all of the rider’s attention away from Marisa.
[20:31] Fiora> Still humming the song to herself, Fiora steps around the upturned table, pointedly ignoring the enormous dinosaur to stand next to Iris. Without any overt gesture or word another wave of distortion rips through the air – and blood begins to leak onto the giant wolf from wounds the rider spontaneously manifests.
[20:31] Zero|GM> The rider’s attention turns to Miyako…
[20:41] Iris> Iris steps up and makes another sharp gesture; a ripple forms in midair, resolving itself into a tiny starfield… that then coalesces into a blue-white laser aimed directly at the rider’s face. He is agile enough to dodge the blow; eliciting a faint scowl from Iris. She makes a sharp, frustrated-looking gesture and hisses something under her breath…
[20:43] * Nichole continues her use of magic, but it doesn’t precisely hit the mark. Still, she seems fairly unperturbed.
[20:46] Zero|GM> Marisa, on the other hand, apparently is finally tired of the seeming inability to strike this foe with her mystic abilities. “Alright you illbred filth-infested mongrel.” A shimmering of shadow wraps around Marisa and her broom, then expands into a bubble infront of her. “LEt’s see you evade this!
[20:48] Zero|GM> The next thing those who can see this get to see is Marisa’s shadow-wrapped form moving at nearly a hundred miles an hour, slamming broom first into the fool that dare challenge them all. At the same moment, a spark of light, and a firing of a bright laser strikes him from behind.
[20:49] Zero|GM> The rider and his mount is pushed backwards by the fierce assault. Then they turn and, with a loud offended hiss, seem to melt into the ground.
[20:51] Zero|GM> The snow wolves suddenly just fall apart, the magic maintaining them gone, now just piles of snow, with little amber shards for eyes sitting in the snow.
[20:51] Zero|GM> [Free to act: All]
[20:51] Iris> Iris sniffs, mildly annoyed that it took her two shots to land a hit. “Good riddance to bad rubbish.”
[20:52] Fiora> “Well, that was certainly a thing,” Fiora says after a few moments, waiting for another shoe to drop. “Anyone hurt?”
[20:52] * Nichole slips her wand into her bag, walking out of the building and to the former space of the rider to investigate the ground. “All good, here.”
[20:53] * Miyako stands straight, stretches, then starts brushing snow off. The imps, the burned ground, and the demonic energy following her footsteps all stop immediately. “I’m fine. If I find out this was staged, I’m tearing this place apart.”
[20:53] Zero|GM> Marisa slowly lands, looking wobbly. Or rather, her broom is. The handle has a fracture running from end to end.
[20:53] Iris> Iris makes another slashing gesture, and a number of tiny eruptions, like golden firecrackers, go off on the ground around her.
[20:53] Amanda> A really confused-looking T-Rex, crouched over in the lower ceiling, would turn around and sniff the air all around itself, then start devouring the nearest meat-bearing pizza – and the table it was sitting on – before Amanda managed to dismiss it, causing it to disintegrate into giant letters that shrank and then flew back onto the menu in her hands, whence they came.
[20:53] Nichole> “Well, either their security is abysmal or it’s something they let in. So…you be the judge.”
[20:55] Nichole> “Something that came to us, specifically. With a little steering.” She looks toward Marisa.
[20:55] Zero|GM> As if to awnser that question, a series of explosions rocks across the sky. One might get the impression that perhaps security is a little busy with something else.
[20:55] Iris> “Well… that was entertaining,” Iris says, smiling warmly. She glances around to see that everyone is alright, then smiles a bit more brightly. “I admit, I was beginning to feel a bit… homesick, I suppose?” She looks up at the explosions, nodding as if not surprised.
[20:56] Zero|GM> Perhaps more surprising is the fact there are other students visible infront of some of the other buildings, steam floating in the air. Apparently yours wasn’t the only building attack
[20:56] Fiora> “Security might not be to blame. Something did a number on the city grid and the school’s backup generators – D.Crypt’s gotta be furious by now,” Fiora says, glancing at her phone. Still NO SERVICE.
[20:57] Zero|GM> As if in response to Fiora’s grumbling, a loud wrrrrrrrrrrr sound can be heard.
[20:57] Nichole> “Mm. Well, seems so. It’s quite busy.”
[20:57] Zero|GM> a count to five later, flood lights start turning on as the generator system apparently comes back online.
[20:57] * Miyako yells upward at nobody. “Hey! Nice fucking timing!”
[20:57] Iris> Iris walks over to the bar and staggers momentarily, catching herself and leaning against it.
[20:57] Amanda> Amanda would be hugging the menu to her chest defensively as she came out to the front of the building, “I… I dunno if coming here was such a good idea afterall.”
[20:58] Zero|GM> Marisa wanders back inside herself. She looks shaken. “Is everyone alright?”
[20:58] * Miyako “I don’t know if ANYWHERE is safer.” she’s following Marisa back in.
[20:59] Iris> “Phew. A bit tired. Also hungry.” She eyes the ruins of the breadsticks and pizza with a forlorn expression.
[20:59] Zero|GM> The lights flicker overhead, and turn back on.
[20:59] Zero|GM> Fiora’s phone beeps as her network connection (Data at least) kicks back in
[21:00] Amanda> Shivering – or maybe trembling – slightly, Amanda would go back to her corner, sitting there and clutching her menu like the weapon that, in her hands, it kinda was.
[21:02] * Miyako flops into a seat beside Amanda. “We should probably wait around for Plott to show up and yell at us.”
[21:02] Iris> Iris looks about at the ruin of the pizza place and the piles of snow on the floor. “A pity… I think dinner is something of a ‘bust’, as they say. I would cook something for us, but I’m… not quite up to attempting it at the moment.”
[21:04] Zero|GM> Marisa picks up one of the still closed leftover boxes, and offers it to Iris.
[21:04] Zero|GM> “I think… I need to see about getting a sturdier broom.”
[21:04] Fiora> “Hm, looks like we weren’t the only ones hit, I’m seeing the same deal in the other bui- huh, Plott’s got a suit of battle armor,” Fiora says as she looks at her phone, then shrugs. “I’ll pick up some food when we get back; I know a great udon stand that should just be finishing the lunch rush.”
[21:04] Zero|GM> out front, one can hear the clang, clang, of metal plated foot steps.
[21:04] * Nichole stays near the door to the building, keeping a lookout for the time.
[21:05] Iris> Iris grabs a seat as well and flops down into it; at Marisa’s offer, though, she brightens. Nodding thanks, she takes the boxes and… begins tearing into the pizza. Her bites are ladylike, but she’s eating significantly faster than usual.
[21:06] Zero|GM> Dr. Plott removes his helmet and nods to Nichole. “Is everyone alright? There was quite an incident. I”ll explain more in the morning once we are sure everything is secured."
[21:06] * Nichole nods to the man, “Miyako got a bit scraped. Everyone else is fine, here.”
[21:07] Iris> Iris looks up, but doesn’t stop eating pizza. She smiles cheerfully and waves, though. At Fiora’s comment, she pauses, looking thoughtful. “I don’t believe I’ve ever had… ‘udon’.”
[21:07] Amanda> The Briton would stay in her corner, grimacing to even look at someone eating so fast after the incident that still had her pulse racing and stomach churning with stress.
[21:07] * Miyako “I’m FINE. Don’t touch me. Just respond a little god damn faster next time.”
[21:07] Zero|GM> “… I’m sorry we took so long. We were repelling a rather large problem from the faculity meeting.”
[21:08] Iris> Iris tilts her head, glancing from Miyako to Amanda.
[21:08] * Miyako “Yeah y’know I figured this wasn’t the only attack. Let me expand on my complaint, WHAT the HELL is wrong with school security?”
[21:09] Zero|GM> Dr. Plott sounds geuninely worried. A red haired oriental lady walks across the way to the Unseelie building. Several of the yellow (now that they are closer) gynoids start gathering the wounded onto stretchers, while some others work on putting out the flames started.
[21:09] Nichole> “Or: who was denied their application for this semester?”
[21:09] Zero|GM> “… I honestly don’t have an awnser to that yet. These things got in without tripping any of the multi-dimensional alarm systems. Or alerting any of the patrol details.”
[21:10] Fiora> “Ten bucks on someone from the future attacking, any takers?” Fiora asks, trying to start a pool.
[21:10] Zero|GM> “one minute, all was normal. The next we had alarms going off all over as things just… started existing without prior doing so. And that defies logic.”
[21:11] Iris> Iris shakes her head and shrugs. “Defense is always more difficult than offense. Everyone got through this alive and without any significant injury… unless someone is hurt more badly than it appears?” Iris seems perplexed, with a mild undertone of worry.
[21:12] Zero|GM> Marisa shakes her head. “That’s a sucker’s bet. Going backwards past the very recent now would require such an investure of energy that any such effort would have had sufficent abilities at hand to wipe us out.”
[21:12] Amanda> Wrinkling her nose with a frown, Amanda would be curled up in her chair now, almost tuning out the conversation.
[21:13] Fiora> “Unless the actions that were taken today will lead to our being wiped out in the future, in which case the net result is the same,” Fiora points out, quite logically.
[21:15] Zero|GM> Plot looks as what seems to be garbed as a ninja approaches him, and hands him a slip of paper. “… It seems all hostile forces have been repelled or netrualized at this point.” He frowns and looks at the knocked in glass, then at the class. “… It seems class is starting a bit early. And no, this isn’t normal. This, is what you call an extradimensional disturbance. NOrmally though, the alarms trigger when anything in a related d
[21:16] Zero|GM> dimension even nears this place…” He looks perplexed about that.
[21:16] Iris> Iris raises an eyebrow. “I thought you were the one who thought such things were silly, Fiora? Wouldn’t such a means of attack be a terribly convoluted way to go about an assassination?”
[21:17] * Miyako folds her arms. Somehow. “Yeah this isn’t normal and I wasn’t seven feet tall, bright red and heavier than a horse on my last birthday, I don’t think I give a shit about ‘normal’ anymore.”
[21:17] Zero|GM> Two of the yellow gynoids approach where the rider ‘sunk’ into the ground, carrying a hazmat container. They scrape a layer of muck off the ground, scooping it into the thick lead-walled, runed canister.
[21:18] Fiora> “Yeah. Thus: ten bucks. It would hardly be a sporting bet to put the money on five pounds of plastic explosives ported in while everyone sleeps,” Fiora shrugs.
[21:18] Nichole> “So it’s not a regular invasion and not from somewhere related to this place. So…is it something manifesting out of here?” She looks on intently toward the hazmat container.
[21:18] Iris> “In any case,” Iris shrugs, “At the moment we’re still alive and well, to the best of my knowledge. Also this talk of ‘udon’ has me intrigued.” Iris also watches the hazmat container.
[21:19] Zero|GM> “Your guess, at the moment, Nichole, is as good as mine.” Dr. Plott replies as he himself sits down, and one can see he looks tired.
[21:20] Zero|GM> “… Let me see if there’s any pizzas left already pre-made in the back, and we will go either to your floor or my rooms to talk further. How does that sound?”
[21:21] Iris> Iris brightens. “Pizza is also good.”
[21:21] * Miyako “Fine.”
[21:21] Nichole> “Good enough for me.”
[21:21] Zero|GM> “which would you prefer?”
[21:22] Nichole> “Your rooms sound interesting. A mini tour.” She smiles then.
[21:23] Iris> Iris shrugs. “I have no objection. A… ‘raincheck’ is the word I believe?… on the udon then, Fiora.”
[21:23] Zero|GM> “So be it then.” Plott stands up to go in the back. He comes out a few minutes later with several pizza boxes. “Then let’s go”
[21:23] Zero|GM> [End session]

Introduction 4

Mana of Mayhem Helmar